Cheating on Dune is highly frowned upon, and is the fastest way to reach
the esteemed level of BANISHMENT. Levels of punishment come in various
forms. If something gives you great amounts of exp, gexp, or money in no
time at all, it is probably an abuse and therefore a cheat! Don't do it!
Cheating on Dune takes on many forms, but is not limited to:
1) Abusing bugs for money and experience.
2) Using in and out combat tactics.
3) Abusing any bugs/workarounds/loopholes to retain "unique" status items.
4) Running scripts or using triggers that cause you to automatically attack
monsters. This is a particular pet peeve of the administration's, and is
likely to net you a very harsh penalty even on the first offense. Unless
you enter the attack command yourself, it constitutes botting.
5) Idling in a room where an aggressive NPC spawns. Because this forces
you into a combat while you are more than likely not at the keyboard, it
is against the rules as well.
Being caught cheating may result in one or more of the following actions,
or something worse, depending on the nature of the infraction:
1) Warning. DON'T DO IT AGAIN.
2) Loss of stats/exp/levels/quests, depending upon the situation.
3) Loss of character, and deletion of backups.
4) And the fun one, SITE BANISHMENT. Not only will you not be able to
return, you have made everyone from your site unable to login to Dune.
In order to avoid this fate, REPORT ALL BUGS IMMEDIATELY. Failure to do
so will result in the label 'cheater' being applied to your persona.
Those who code are human, so please report the accidental mistakes. You
won't regret it.
If you spot someone cheating, please report it. The wizard staff here will
take care of the situation. Once caught cheating, do not attempt to plea
your case. It is your fault, and you must serve the punishment.
Ignorance is not an excuse.
As this is not a complete list of what constitutes 'cheating', you are
reminded that some situations that are not listed in these rules will
arise. As it is the discretion of the wizards as to what cheating is,
you are expected to report anything that resembles cheating.
Last edited: 28 January 2010
See also: bug, conduct, harassment, rules, idle.