Dune is a virtual community made up of real people from the real world.
As in all communities, there are certain general rules of conduct to be
observed while playing this game. ALL PLAYERS AND WIZARDS on Dune must
follow these generally loose set of rules.
1. Harassment is not tolerated here. This would include pestering someone
for their email address repeatedly after they've said "no", to harassing
someone because of their gender or age. Joking around is allowed, but
when a player tells you to stop, do so. The punishments can be anything
from level deduction to banishment.
2. Try to respect others. Like in the real world, people want to stay in
a community when they are treated fairly and kindly. If harassment occurs
or some other disrespectful conduct, please tell a wizard so that they
can help make the community a better place to stay.
3. Make sure you treat new members of the dune community kindly;
therefore, no luring newbies to shieldwall/arena or other areas that
would cause him/or her certain death.
4. Generally, if a wizard tells you to stop saying something on chat, do
so. Do not give him/her smack because Dune is not a right, it is a
5. Admin fishing, the process of asking one wizard for something, then
asking another and another until you get the answer you want, is NOT
tolerated, in any form. If you are found admin fishing, expect bad
Failure to follow these simple (come on, isn't this what's expected in
real life?) rules will result in disciplinary actions, such as
site/character ban ishment. Please, make everyone's stay here pleasant
See also: bug, cheating, harassment, rules