Welcome to Dune Mud!
Dune Mud is a classic LP MUD based in Frank Herbert's DUNE Universe. Since 1992 Dune has been the LP MUD of choice for several generations of amazing players. Create a character, join one of ten guilds, and explore the 30,000+ game rooms. Enjoy opt-in PK and numerous in-game quests.
Friendly players! Social atmosphere! Passionate playerbase! Active wizard staff!
Learn more about Dune.
Connect to Dune using a telnet client. We recommend Mudlet (free | multi-os) or CMud (free 30 day trial | windows).
Address: dunemud.net Port Number: 6789
Voting For Dune:
If you haven't already, please also consider Voting for Dune on TopMudSites. Promoting Dune is beneficial to everyone.
Also take a second to Vote for Dune on the Mud Connector. It requires a simple registration, but is totally free.
Feedback / Contributions:
If you have any suggestions or comments related to the wiki, please let us know. Try to sign your suggestions so we know who to talk to for more information. In the edit pane the furthest icon to the right will insert your signature into the edit.
Remember! Anyone can make an account and submit edits! If you would like to help out, please ask a member of the wiz team to make an account for you. If you spot any errors or inaccuracies feel free to correct them. Learn more about the wiki site.
- We were all newbies at one point! Get a head start on your MUDing career in this section.
- Learn about the wide array of guild choices available to you.
The Dune Universe
- A section detailing Frank Herbert's Dune Universe. Here you will find terminology, thematic information, and information about the books and movies that inspired the MUD.
- Learn about the current and past Dune MUD staff. Information about becoming a contributor to Dune MUD will be detailed here.
- Learn about the rich cast of characters
we can't get rid of
that frequent the MUD.
- Learn about all the different areas you can play on Dune. We're a huge world, don't spend all of your time on Giedi Prime!
- A good way to earn money and experience by methods other than violence.
- Mudding is tough work when you're playing on telnet. Download a client and see the difference it makes!
- New to coding? Experienced coder, but never worked with LPC before? Here are some examples to get you started.
- See some intense Player vs. Player action
- Some of the funniest stuff caught on 'chat'…
- A section for debating large-scale game changes/issues.